Don’t see a trip and dates that work for you? Contact Dave to discuss options.
East Grand Adventure Race
20 mile adventure race for all ages including a compass run, mountain biking and paddling. Extra challenges may include scaling a wall, log rolling in Baskahegan Stream, mud pit crawl, environmental station (tree ID), and more. Cost $20.00 per person more information
Bonaventure River Canoe Trip (more info)
Nestled in the Chic Choc Mountains of Quebec, this 7 day canoe trip offers lively but not too demanding whitewater. You’ll paddle this all time favorite through some of the most breath taking scenery in the east. June 5-12. Pictures of this 2017 trip
St. Croix River Canoe Trips (more info)
Day tours & overnight trips, 3-5 days. Designated as a Canadian Heritage River, the St. Croix flows along the eastern Maine border with New Brunswick, Canada offers great wilderness scenery, moderate whitewater, maintained campsites and fishing for small mouth Bass. The St Croix is well suited for families and groups of all ages with little or no experience and can be paddled all summer long.
- May 27-29 3 days, pictures of this trip, blog
- July 10-12, 3 days (trip is full)
- July 15-20 is open, give us a call to line up a trip!
- August 1-3, 3 days (trip is full)
- August 7-11, 5 days (trip is full)
- August 11-15, 5 days (room for 2)
- August 16, day trip (room for 5)
- August 20-22, 3 days (room for 3)
Cost per person: day trips $125.00, 3 day trips $550.00, 4 day trips $700.00, 5 day trips, $850.00. Need six (your party or combined parties) to make the trip feasible to go. Kids and teens up to age 17 come at 10% off when there is at least four paying full price. more information
Allagash River Canoe Trips (more info)
Our best trip for spotting moose. Our four day trips avoid paddling Chase Stream Rapids, involves paddling the river section from Round Pond to Allagash Village. Six day trips skip the large headwater lakes of Chamberlain, Eagle and Churchill. Seven day trips from Indian Stream on Eagle Lake and eight day trips from the Chamberlain/Telos Thoroughfare which is the traditional 92 mile Allagash canoe trip. Note, We have options that include Allagash Lake and Stream.
- June 23-28, Adult trip, 62 miles, 6 days (room for 2)
- July 15-20 is open, give us a call to line up a trip!
- August 5-8, 34 miles, 4 days. (trip is full)
- August 19-30 is open, give us a call to line up a trip!
- September 5-9, 5 days, 62 miles (trip is full)
Cost per person: 4 day trips $795.00, 5 day trips $895.00, 6 day trips $995.00, 7 day trips $1095.00, 8 day trips $1195.00. Need eight (your party or combined parties) to make the trip feasible to go. Ages 12-17 come at 10% off when there is at least four in the group. Don’t see an Allagash canoe trip that fits your desired duration and dates? Contact us to see if we can make it work.
East Branch Penobscot River Trip (more info)
Matagamon to Whetstone Falls. Below the Grand Lake Matagamon dam is the scenic and rugged East Branch of the Penobscot River canoe trip with views of the Traveler Mountains to the west in Baxter State Park. It is a 27-mile trip to Whetstone Falls with several mandatory portages around scenic waterfalls including Haskell Rock Pitch, Pond Pitch, Grand Pitch and Hauling Machine Pitch. Must be in good physical condition for portaging.
- July 7-9, 27 miles, 3 days (trip is full)
Cost per person $695.00, ages 14-17 15% off when at least four paying full price.
How To Proceed with Signing Up For A Trip
Contact Dave to discuss the status of the trip and to answer any questions you may have. Once you have decided on a trip, download the Application, Release and Health History forms available on the contacts webpage and mail in with a deposit.
Life Happens Outside Festival
Thomson’s Point, Portland, Maine, presented by Teens to Trails, $10.00+ per person, more information
- August, 24 & 25
Other Potential Trips for 2017 Listed Below
When having interest in one or more of the trips listed below and our schedule allows for it. We can add to our 2017 schedule or offer as a custom trip for your group of six or more. For groups less then six in size, we can discuss a cost per person that makes it feasible to go or open up the trip for others to join.
West Branch Penobscot River Trip (more info)
- June-August, 3-6 days, Our 3 day trip, Lobster Lake launch to Chesuncook Village. 15 miles, calm water, leisure canoe trip, campsites are well maintained and are among the best you’ll find anywhere. Lots of bird life and great for spotting moose! A great first timer’s trip! (more information)
Cost per person: 3 day trip $695.00, 4 day trip $850.00, 5 day trip $995.00, 6 day trip $1150.00, ages 12-17 15% off when there is at least four in the group (your party or combined parties) paying full price.
Webster Stream & East Branch of the Penobscot River Trip (more info)
- Available in late July, Webster Stream 4 days and 7 days combined with East Branch Penobscot River trip. Exciting back country whitewater canoeing adventure and scenic waterfalls. Trip involves 2-3 portages and 6-7 portages when continuing on down the East Branch of the Penobscot River. Must have good basic paddling skills and be in good physical condition.
Cost per person: 4 day trip $895.00, 7 day trip $1495.00 when extended down the East Branch of the Penobscot to Whetstone Falls. Ages 14-17 $795.00 (4 day) & $1350.00 (7 day) when at least four paying full price. Need six in order to go or we can discuss a cost per person that makes the trip feasible to go when have less then six.
NE Mistissibi Whitewater Canoe Trip, Quebec (more info)
The NE Mistassibi River is one of Eastern Canada’s best whitewater canoe trips. It features over 80 sets of rapids in 80 miles, many over 1 kilometer in length. There is only one short portage and several linings, making this an excellent river to paddle that is not too physically demanding in low to medium water. 8 days on the river, 11 with travel.
Cost per person $2200,00, ages 14-17, $1995.00 when at least four paying full price.
Joining Others on a trip
Perhaps you’re one person or a small group wanting to join others on an outing. Contact Dave to discuss available trips.