Adult and teen trips offered on one of Eastern Canada’s finest rivers with lots and lots of lively and class I-II whitewater yet with no portages and only a couple linings. The Bonaventure starts out as a swift moving mountain stream with many sharp turns growing in size as we descend through a valley of Black Spruce.
The Bonaventure is a great choice for groups & individuals with good paddling skills. The views of the surrounding hills are spectacular. Trip is 7 days and we paddle 80 miles. Typically not a physically demanding trip unless the water is on the high side. Note: In the case of very high water, we offering paddling the lower Bonaventure then shift over and paddle the Cascapedia River.
- Day 1: We meet up in Houlton, Maine for the 6 hour drive to the town of Bonaventure, where we tent overnight in a local campground.
- Day 2: We meet our shuttle drivers for breakfast, then head into the headwaters of the Bonaventure in the Chic Choc Mountains. On this day, we only paddle a short distance and set up camp.
- Days 2-4: The Bonaventure starts out as a swift moving mountain stream with many sharp turns, growing in size as we descend through a valley of Black Spruce. The views of the surrounding hills are spectacular.
- Day 5: We are in the gorge with several ledge drops and numerous class II rapids.
- Days 6-7: The river is much wider, and we paddle over many beautiful salmon pools on our way to the Bay of Chaleur.
- Day 8: We take out mid-morning, grab a quick shower, hit the road, arriving back in the Houlton area early evening.
Inquire about special pricing for your school, youth or scout group. Trips can be shortened to five days.
- Vance Gustin Word Press Blog Post, 2017
- Bonaventure Trip on Word Press Blog, 2017
- Bonaventure Trip on Facebook, June 2016
- Bonaventure Word Press Blog Pictures, June 2016
- Bonaventure-Cascapedia Trip #2 on facebook, June 2016
- Bonaventure-Cascapedia Trip #2 on Word Press Blog, June 2016
- Student Bonaventure Canoe Trip
- Adult Bonaventure River Canoe Trip