One of Eastern Canada’s finest rivers with lots and lots of lively and class I-II whitewater with no portages and only a few linings. There are several class III ledge drops that can be lined or paddled. The Bonaventure starts out as a swift moving mountain stream with many sharp turns growing in size as we descend through a valley of Black Spruce.
Highlights of our Bonaventure River Canoe Trip
The Bonaventure is a great choice for groups & individuals with good paddling skills. The views of the surrounding hills are spectacular. Trip is 7 days and we paddle 80 miles. Typically not a physically demanding trip unless the water is on the high side. Note: In the case of very high water, we offering paddling the lower Bonaventure then shift over and paddle the Cascapedia River.
- Day 1: We meet up in Houlton, Maine for the 6 hour drive to the town of Bonaventure, where we tent overnight in a local campground.
- Day 2: We meet our shuttle drivers for breakfast, then head into the headwaters of the Bonaventure in the Chic Choc Mountains. On this day, we only paddle a short distance and set up camp.
- Days 2-4: The Bonaventure starts out as a swift moving mountain stream with many sharp turns, growing in size as we descend through a valley of Black Spruce. The views of the surrounding hills are spectacular.
- Day 5: We are in the gorge with several ledge drops and numerous class II rapids.
- Days 6-7: The river is much wider, and we paddle over many beautiful salmon pools on our way to the Bay of Chaleur.
- Day 8: We take out mid-morning, grab a quick shower, hit the road, arriving back in the Houlton area early evening.
Cost per person, $1695.00
Photos of Past Trips
- Pictures of this June, 2018 trip
- Vance Gustin Blog Post, 2017
- Bonaventure Trip Pictures, 2017
- Bonaventure Trip on Facebook, June 2016
- Bonaventure Word Blog Pictures, June 2016
- Bonaventure-Cascapedia Trip #2 on Facebook, June 2016
- Bonaventure-Cascapedia Trip #2 Blog Pictures, June 2016
- Student Bonaventure Canoe Trip
- Adult Bonaventure River Canoe Trip