Day tours & overnight trips 3-6 days
Designated as a Canadian Heritage River, the St. Croix flows along the eastern Maine border with New Brunswick, Canada offers great wilderness scenery, moderate whitewater, maintained campsites and fishing for small mouth Bass. The St Croix is well suited for families and groups of all ages with little or no experience and can be paddled all summer long.
Highlights of our St. Croix River Canoe Trips!
Pictures of Past St. Croix River Trips
- Aug. 2017 Family Canoe Trip #3
- Aug. 2017 St. Croix River day trip
- Aug. 2017 Family Canoe Trip #1
- Aug. 2017 Family St. Croix Trip #2
- Aug. 2017, Corporate St Croix River Trip
- July, 2017 Middle Schoolers, St. Croix River Trip
- May, 2017 St. Croix River Trip, blog
- Sept. 2016 St Croix River, Family Trip
- Sept. 2016, St Croix River, School Trip
- Sept. 2016. St. Croix River, Couple’s Trip
- August 2016, Croix Day Trip
- August 2016, Ladies St. Croix Trip
- August 2016, St Croix River, Boy Scout Canoe Trip
- June 2016, Family Croix Trip
- May 2016, St Croix River, Mezin & Cohen Family Trip
With miles of quick water, numerous class I rapids, and a couple of class II rapids that can be paddled, lined or portaged, it’s easy to see why the St. Croix is one of Maine’s best canoe trips. The St. Croix is an ideal river to learn basic paddling and camping skills. The more advanced paddler will appreciate the quick water, numerous rapids and may even want to try their skill at solo paddling or canoe poling.
Campsites located on the river’s edge are rustic, with picnic tables, a fire pit and an outbox. We camp in tents, and cooking is done over an open fire. A more relaxed schedule allows time to swim, fish, read a book, and enjoy quality time with friends and family.
With numerous starting and ending points, choose a trip 1-5 days in duration. Dave and his team can take care of all your trip logistics. We provide all necessary equipment, canoes, meals, instruction as needed, and safely guide your family or group down the river. We’ll arrange to have your vehicle moved to trip’s end.
Day trips on the St. Croix River
A great trip for families and groups of all ages looking for a wilderness experience without having to camp out overnight. Swim, fish, view wildlife including bald eagles and relax around a campfire as you enjoy a lunch on shore. Day trips meet and end in Vanceboro. 8am to 5pm or an agreed upon time.
Day & overnight trips
- Vanceboro to Little Falls 9.5 miles, 1 day
- Vanceboro to Loon Bay 19.5 miles, 3 or 4 days
- Vanceboro to Kellyland 33 miles, 4 or 5 days
- Spednic Lake option to Kellyland, 6-7 days
Pricing per person fully outfitted and guided
- 2 Day Trip: $550.00 per person
- 3 Day Trip: $595.00 per person
- 4 Day Trip: $745.00 per person
- 5 Day Trip: $895.00 per person
- 6 Day Trip $1050.00 per person
- 7 Day Trip $ 1195.00 per person
Ages 17 & under receive 10% off when there is are least four in the group (your party or combined parties) paying full price.
Maine Vacation Package: Add the night prior to your trip by staying in the region’s finest accommodations, the First Settler’s Lodge in Weston with panoramic views of Mt. Katahdin and East Grand Lakes area. $100.00 per person double occupancy includes supper and breakfast. With this option, your guide drops off your river bags the night prior to the trip so you can pack then joins you for breakfast the day of your trip, and travel together to the river to the putin location.
Day trips $125.00 per person with a minimum of 8 people. Inquire for pricing for smaller groups.
2017 St. Croix River Trip Testimonial
St. Croix River Pictures